Welcome to the Afghanistan Higher Education Project portal! The portal provides faculty of education members in Afghanistan with learning resources and networking tools to support professional development.
The Afghanistan Higher Education Project (HEP) is part of an overall USAID program to rehabilitate and strengthen the capacity of the education system to improve access to quality education throughout Afghanistan. HEP supports this broader objective by building sustainable capacity at the tertiary level to deliver high quality pre-service and in-service teacher education for secondary school teachers. The project is designed to deliver improvements in the quality of teacher training and academic administration through training and support. The project focuses on long-term sustainable change through strengthening the human resource base and institutional capacity.
On this portal, you can click at the top of the page on:
• About to find more information about the HEP program;
• Library to find subject-specific materials, pedagogical materials, academic journals and newsletters;
• Master's Program for information about the Afghan Master's Program in Education at KEU;
• Discussions, where you can join conversations with educators, start discussions on a topic of your choice, and post comments and questions;
• Standards for a Program of Teacher Education identify quality content and processes for training that the FOE seeks to impart to future teachers;
• Faculty to learn more about the institutions participating in HEP; and
• ELP will take you to the English Language Program webpage.
Keep in mind that faculty members can also access the wider Global Learning Portal in English, with resources, materials and tools contributed by teachers around the globe.