Internation Computer Driving License
The International Computer Drivers License (ICDL) is the leading international computer skills certification program. It provides an international benchmark that Afghan citizens can use to measure and improve their computer end-user skills. By providing a testing and certification framework and standard, the ICDL offers a systematic and verifiable recognition of skills that of are of increasing importance in the workplace and in society in general. These skills will serve to enhance the productivity of individuals and organizations at school, at work and in the home as well as better connect them as citizens of Afghanistan and as members of the global community.
The Academy for Education Development - Higher Education Project (AED-HEP), the Afghan national licensee is granted by the European Computer Drivers License (ECDL) Foundation, the world-wide certifying authority for the ICDL.
ECDL / ICDL
The European Computer Driving License (ECDL), which is known as the International Computer Driving License (ICDL) Outside of Europe, is the global standard in user computer Skills, offering Candidates an internationally-recognized Certification that is supported by governments, computer Societies, international organizations and commercial Corporations alike.
• The global standard in ‘user’ computer skills.
• Endorsed by computer societies, governments, internationals organizations, academia and the corporate sector.
• World’s largest computer-user skills certification (6+ million Candidates).
• Uniquely-validated and quality-assured syllabus.
• Recognized in 146 countries.
• Translated into 38 languages.
• Part of a life-long learning pathway.
• Demonstrates achievement of a broad range of skills.
• Flexible learning available through the largest global network of approved training and testing centers.
What is the ECDL / ICDL?
The ECDL is a test of practical skills and competencies and consists of seven separate modules covering computer theory and practice.
ECDL / ICDL Module 1 is a theoretical test of computing knowledge at a general level and Modules 2-7 are practical skills tests.
Module 1. Concepts of Information Technology (IT)
Module 2. Using the Computer and Managing Files
Module 3. Word Processing
Module 4. Spreadsheets
Module 5. Database
Module 6. Presentation
Module 7. Information and Communication
Who is the ECDL / ICDL for?
The ECDL programs are for anyone who needs to demonstrate to an international audience that they are fully competent in the use of a personal computer and common computer application and know the essential concepts of Information Technology.
Benefits for the Individual:
• Provides a springboard to improved job & study prospects and job mobility.
• Provides an internationally-recognized qualification.
• Increases essential IT skills levels.
• Increases confidence in computer use and reduces stress.
• Provides a platform from which to move on to higher- level IT education.
• Enables and facilitates flexible learning – formal training not a pre-requisite for ECDL / ICDL certification.
Benefits for Employers:
• Provides a demonstrable standard for computer skills.
• Saves time and money through increased staff performance.
• Increases quality of output.
• Increases job satisfaction, staff motivation and retention of staff.
• Improves company communications.
• Makes better use of IT resources and provides a greater return on IT investment.
• Flexibility of learning allows tailoring to specific requirements.
• Modularity of certification allows ongoing monitoring of training progress.
• Incentive for staff to successfully complete training.
• Vendor independent.
Benefits for Society:
• Increases national productivity and competitiveness – more competitive workforce.
• Increases access for citizens to the Information Society.
• Increases return on investment in IT infrastructure.
• Fosters inward investment.
• Increases the uptake of online services.
• Improves access to and uptake of e-Government services.
• Supports e-Europe Action Plan for knowledge-based economy.
• Adds value to the training and testing products and services sectors.
How to become an ICDL accredited Test Center?
To find out more about the ECDL Foundation please visit www.ecdl.com