Historically Nangarhar University is the second university in Afghanistan, which is located in Daroonta village of Nangarhar province. At the beginning Nangarhar University was formed with only Medical faculty, but fortunately now it comprises of 9 different faculties.
The Education faculty was initially created in 1978 in the frame of Nangarhar University. This faculty consisted of Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Pashto Literature, and Vocational studies departments. The students are studying only in the first 7 departments, the Vocational Science department acts as supportive department.
Presently, this faculty has 1248 students, which make 54 female and 1194 male students; 1123 students are studying in pre-services and 125 in in-service sections. There are 7 administration staff and 49 teachers in seven different departments; out of the total 2 of them have recently returned from Indiana University with Master Degree.
Education faculty is located in 25 jreebs of land in Jalalabad city with inclusion of a mosque and eleven blocks: teaching blocks, boys’ hostel, administration block, girls’ hostel, dining hall & kitchen block, boys’ and girls’ model schools, play grounds and sport rooms.
Badakhshan | Baghlan | Balkh | Bamyan | Faryab | Herat | Jowzjan | Kabul Education University| Kabul University | Kandahar | Kunduz | Parwan